People often think their AC system only needs to be replaced if it needs extensive repairs or is unable to be repaired. However, there are several other factors that should be considered when deciding to replace an air conditioner with a new one such as:
- The AC is over 10 years old
- The AC lacks a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER)
- Energy costs are consistently rising
- Inefficient air displacement- Some areas of your home or building are too hot while other areas are too cold
- The AC is making strange and/or sudden noises throughout the day or night
- Too much humidity is present in your home or office building
Once a decision has been made to get a new air conditioning system, it is vital to make sure the system you choose meets your needs such as:
- Will the system be able to provide your home or business with the optimal level of comfort and efficiency required for your climate and your floorplan?
- Does it have an Energy Star label, which means it has passed efficiency standards set by the federal government?
- Does it have a SEER rating of around 14?
These are important questions to ask before deciding on a particular unit because if you aren’t careful you will be stuck with a system that doesn’t meet the requirements that will ensure your home or business stays comfortable all year round. If you are still unsure which system will work for you then we can provide you with a technician that will inspect your floorplan and help determine what system will better serve you.